Sunday 23 June 2013

Totally not ME, part 1

So I spoke a while back about my ME board and I'm pleased to say its well underway, a reminder that my ME board takes shape like this:





Well I got very excited for my first one, especially because I SO love The Paper Shelter image I've used 'a little bit grumpy' she is so CUTE and as part of my ME board she reflects me completely... Saying that, it's a real flower girly board so unlike me at the same time, I'm quite pleased with it but it seemed to take ages to put together - I seem to really struggle with matching papers together - nothing ever goes - I need help with this! All i need to do is add some holes at the top so it can eventually be linked with the other finished boards for hanging

Recipe:
One board. Some PP and a pink doily background. Coloured her using my ProMarkers and I'm really pleased with how she looks, I feel my colouring is getting better - yay!

I also used some gorgeous glitter ribbon from my local store and all the flowers are from The Ribbon Girl, I have a box full and most of my time was spent trying to pick which ones to use!
I also distressed/inked and cut the sentiment with my portrait after using a sketch pen to write it, love the pens and especially love the font used for 'Grumpy' - heat embossed the S just to test it out and also added some PINK stickles for extra bling
I had a little play with a wooden butterfly too, I inked on it using my Tim holtz ink and then heat embossed some pink power (before and after pic below) quite a nice effect actually!











So that's that! I'm looking forward to starting another of my boards but I also have some altered projects in mind
I'm also in need of ordering some new card for my markers and while I'm at it may just treat myself to a few more pens to build up my collection a little more as I'm sure this will also help with some shading and blending (or so I'll tell the other half when he gets the bill) Haha

Challenges: Of course The Paper Shelter and their new September 2013 DT call! 

21 comments:

  1. Sometimes I'm grumpy too! Brilliant project, such fun, love the image. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, thanks for joining us at ABC for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is gorgeous! Keep up the good work cnt wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! So grumpy.....she's adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my fave TPS images and love the sentiment you have added. Thanks for joining in with the Floral Fantasy Challenge at PFP this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so pretty - fabulous colours and papers and such a cute image! Thanks for playing along with us at PFP this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, pretty image and flowers! Thanks for joining in at Passion for Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card love the colours and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER Challenge this week, hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, it isn't a card tho, hence why I entered it for 'anything but a card' challenge at the paper shelter

      Delete
  10. Love it. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this time.

    Liv

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fabulous! Love the image and the butterfly. Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges: Bingo and good luck on the DT Call
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I love the layering and all the embellishments!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable image! Love the colors of this card...so bright and cheerful although she may be a little bit grumpy. So many different elements and they go together so well. Thanks so much for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello again, lovely card, fab image and design. Thanks for joining us at NATALIE & AMY’S this month, hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous project! Thanks for sharing it with us at ABC Challenges!
    X - Natalie - X

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great idea.That image is so cute.I shd probably make a grumpy board for myself too since I am often in that state.I am looking forward to the rest of the boards now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi :)
    I just saw your comment over at Marvelous Magnolia in regards to the end date of the DT submissions. I am thinking it may well be 25th July judging by the Mr Linky expiry date :) Hope that helps :) Also, I have never heard of a ME board. I would love to know more about it though :) It looks fantastic :) Hugz, Lisa.

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns - Free Giveaway
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for the reply, I thought Mr linky was right but didn't want to miss the deadline if he was wrong :) my ME board is a simple concept lol just a set of 6,6x6 chipboards with some of my fave images and a quote about me on each one (this one being thaty I can be a little grumpy lol) hopefully they will then hang from one another on the wall:) just something different from the usual cards :) thanks for stopping by my blog :)

      Delete
  19. Very cute card! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete