Thursday 9 May 2013

No stamp but plenty of shine!


Evening bloggdudes and blogettes!

Could not believe my eyes today when i did two things for the first time... firstly i didnt make a card, i actually kinda 'altered' something... secondly i didnt use a single stamp or my Promarkers,,, it felt very strange! so i promptly went and coloured up a Greeting Farm stamp to use for my next project.. more on that later

i decided my craft room actually has none of my stuff 'on display' as such.. i have a huge frame of random pictures that my dad has done over the years, some as early as last year, others date back to when i was a baby... i lost my dad just before christmas... im still dealing with a lot of emotions due to this.. my dad was my absolute world, my life... im gonna cry just writing this! he was much like me - no hobby was safe - he would flutter from one thing to the next... after he suddenly and unexpectly died, 5 days before christmas 2012 i struggled to get back into my craft room... i would always create something, show him.. get his feedback.. his encouragement... his praise ... his advice... he would also fund and fuel each hobby hop! so it was really difficult knowing id be creating something id usually show him.. but cant... it still hurts knowing he wont see any of this... especially because it seems ive finally settled on something for a change... he would be shocked!
Anyway, im very big on quotes and inspirational messages, especially those i can relate to, and for the quote in this project, is a big reason i recently settled on being a butterfly...

its a little door hanger/plaque, doublt sided, I altered a simple square piece of wood..
I cut the butterfly with my portrait, added some Bling (stickles) to the wings and the body, also the antenna
I then played with my embossing powders for the first time, using some magnolia butterfly stamps and my heat gun (in pink) added some flowers from my stash that i also added bling to. on the reverse a gorgeous quote, in a heart cut from my portrait, also added some bling - i fell in love with stickles today - i only have three colours... i need more!! (wait till you see my TGF stamp - it was stickled to death!

Anyway, its a simple little reminder of who i am and how far i have come, with and without my dad... i hope you guys like











Entered for both Whimsical challenges - Bling it and Alter it - also applied for their DT! super hopes i get a chance ad loving their blog at the mo!
Also entered at ABC - make it sparkle
Natalieandamy - things with wings

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation, the butterfly is stunning!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waw lovely the butterflies look stunning. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely. Love all the shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I love your butterfly plaque. I know how you are feeling after losing your father as my husband died eight months ago and I'm lost without him. He enjoyed my crafting and blogging world and loved to hear about it all - he also wanted me to have everything possible and encouraged me so much. I hope you find some comfort in crafting, knowing that your father is right behind you. All the best. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about your husband hazel, it's so sad isn't it. I also hope you find some comfort in your craft too as it seems we're both meant to continue on doing what we love for the people we love :)

      Delete